Recipe for this EASY, HOMEMADE, CHICKEN STIR-FRY that I wish I made more of to have leftovers for a few days! For awhile now, I have been trying to come up with a chicken stir-fry recipe that is somewhat healthy for you (not saying this is the healthiest thing you can eat), BUT it is a lot better for you than ordering take-out AND its cheaper AND probably just as fast! Which we all know with how busy everyone is, that ordering take-out happens a lot! Good news is this recipe only takes about 30 MINUTES of your time!
Ya’ll, I have tried making chicken stir-fry like so many times before, and now I FINALLY found the right one that tastes similar to restaurants, and isn’t as bad for you. If we are being honest here, the recipes that I tried to throw together before this one were not that great (even tried cauliflower rice– side note, it is not the same texture as actual rice and I didn’t like it), so this one finally passed the test of going on my blog! I kept on remaking it because I wanted it to be the best for you all and I was trying to get the taste of it just right! I did a poll on my instagram story of who would like this yummy and fast recipe and 90% said YES, so here it is! 🙂 *It is also made with Whole Grain Brown Rice which is a healthy complex carbohydrate that provides your body with long lasting energy and fiber! I also picked the P.F. Chang’s Teriyaki sauce from Wal-Mart because it had the lowest amount of sodium in it and not a whole lot of sugar! You will love this recipe if you like Chicken Fried Rice! (Also, its better for you than the restaurant style!)
Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients (6 ingredients + seasonings):
- 1.5lb Chicken Breasts
- 6 Eggs
- 2 packages Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice WHOLE GRAIN BROWN
- Broccoli Stir-Fry veggie mix (I got mine from the frozen section/Great Value)
- 8 Tbsp. P.F. Chang’s Teriyaki sauce (found at Wal-Mart), 4 Tbsp. Water
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- Sprinkle of paprika
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- Parsley to top with. Add green onion on top if preferred! (I didn’t for this recipe)
Directions (7 easy and fast steps!):
- Heat up a pan with about 2 Tbsp. of olive oil in it.
- Cut the chicken up into bite size pieces. Season with chili powder, salt, a little pepper and sprinkle of paprika.
- Cook the chicken in pan with olive oil until done. (About 10 minutes or so, don’t over cook so it won’t be tough!) Once done, put a lid on the pan and turn burner to low (simmer) to stay warm.
- While the chicken is cooking, put your frozen veggies in a microwavable dish and cook them 4-5 minutes or until they are not frozen. Set them aside.
- Now crack 6 eggs into a bowl. Add salt & pepper, spray pan with PAM & scramble till done.
- While the eggs are cooking, heat up both bags of rice from the instructions (I used the microwave).
- Put the cooked chicken into a bigger pan, add the rice, veggies, 8 Tbsp. of Teriyaki sauce and 4 Tbsp. of water mixed together before adding in the pan. Stir until mixed, add in the eggs & stir again! Top with parsley, little pepper, and optional green onion! ALL DONE! 🙂 Enjoy!
P.s. Please feel free to comment below of your thoughts on this recipe if you try it! 🙂 Subscribe at the bottom of this page to receive updates of all new posts! E-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions! Have a GREAT weekend! 🙂 Xo- Raka’