Hello 2019! I can’t believe that it is already here. This year I am challenging myself and everyone to choose joy and enjoy time with loved ones over anything that may be going on. Below, I have 6 ways for you to read on how I choose joy and happiness and hope that you will too!
It can sometimes be easy to get caught up in life and things that are going on, to be tired, to be to busy, to think negative thoughts or think “what if”, but I am challenging everyone to CHOOSE JOY. Your happiness and attitude is determined by yourself, by your actions, and how you choose to act. If you choose to wake up and be happy, then you will be happy! But, if you think that it may not be a good day, then most likely your negative thoughts will outweigh your positive thoughts throughout the day. Don’t let that happen!!
So, why not choose joy? Why not brighten someones day? Why not be kind? Why not be open to new things? You have no other reason but to choose how you act and I think that we should all CHOOSE JOY. I know that life can get crazy and things happen that aren’t what you would plan to happen, but God has a plan. Through the good and bad, God has a plan. He has a plan for your life and to be there for you every step of the day. As you get closer to God, talk to God more, ask him for guidance and strength, you will find happiness and joy. Feeling God’s presence is the best feeling there is!
Remember to always be yourself, choose joy, choose to be happy and kind. Here are 6 ways that I plan to choose joy and to be happy!
- Don’t worry about the little things. – God has that covered.
- Make someone else smile and let them know they are loved.
- Be willing to share your story with others. – It is always good to relate to someone and it feels good to find joy in releasing your emotions and being there to hear someone else’s story.
- Surprise someone with a nice gesture. It will make you feel good! Rather it is giving someone a hug, making your friend dinner, paying for someone’s Starbucks drink, etc. just try it! 🙂
- Just smile and say hi! You never know how that could turn someone’s day around.
- Pray with or for somebody. Let them know that you are thinking about them. Check up on them periodically. You don’t know how much this will mean to someone!!
I hope you always choose JOY and choose happiness!
Outfit details below! This blue sweater is sold out, but I linked it in 2 other colors along with similar beanie and shoes!