Chicken Meatballs! This recipe will make 6 MEALS! This is probably one of my most requested recipes from friends/family for meal prepping! I know what you are probably thinking… “I don’t have time to meal prep or wow that must have been a lot of work.” So I will be honest, this meal prep recipe might have a few more steps than other meal prep recipes, BUT it is delicious and something different besides your regular chicken and veggies or salad and doesn’t take that long. I needed to switch things up so I went with this recipe! This is great to make for yourself and freeze a few or make some for you and one other person! I got this recipe idea from Pinterest but did change a few things to my liking. 🙂 I did a little less of the Sriracha because I am not big on spicy things, but if you like spicy then add a little more!
If you try this please comment on how you liked it! If you want to sign up to receive updates of all new posts, subscribe at the bottom of my page to get updates in your inbox! (Also, the image contains a chicken recipe I did as well! If you would like that one email me at email@example.com!)
Servings: 25 Meatballs=About 6 meals!
Time: 1 hour
INGREDIENTS (See below ingredients to make sure you get the SAUCE ingredients too!):
- 2 lb. Ground Chicken (2 packages)
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha (1/4 cup if you like spicy)
- 3 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
DIRECTIONS FOR MEATBALLS (5 Easy steps to healthy work meals!):
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, eggs, green onions, garlic powder and salt/pepper until well combined. Shape mixture into balls to place on the baking sheet. (P.s. Spray the baking sheet with PAM beforehand!)
3. Bake the meatballs for 20-25 minutes, or until light brown and cooked through.
4. While the meatballs are baking, make the yummy sauce! Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking continuously. Reduce heat, simmer for 8 to 10 minutes (so then the sauce will start to thicken).
5. Once the meatballs are done, let them cool for about 5 minutes. Then put them in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over them! Then put the meatballs into meal prep containers on top of the rice! Adding a little sauce on top of the meatballs will add extra flavor to your rice! 🙂
I just used instant brown rice for this meal prep! It is so easy and goes well with this. You could also use quinoa! Brown rice is a healthy carbohydrate that is whole grain! Brown rice provides your body with fiber from the whole grains and healthy carbohydrates that will give you long lasting energy!
I normally just grab the big $6 bag of veggies from Walmart! I switch up the mixtures, but this one had a lot of my favorite veggies in it! I will heat up some olive oil in a pan, then throw in the veggies with some salt and pepper and sometimes garlic! If you get the veggies with the sauce packet in them (I believe it is the oriental stir fry veggie bag), you can totally add the sauce to the pan but I don’t add too much of it!
Enjoy this quick and healthy lunch from meal prepping! Let me know if you try it and to receive updates of all new BBB posts, subscribe to my page at the bottom! Xoxo- Raka’