What to do when feeling overwhelmed and needing some motivation…
I love this bright and colorful picture! To me, the brightness makes me think of all the great things I could do in life, all of the great things there are to do in life, and how I can make an impact on others life’s! To get to the point, this is my second “Monday Motivation” blog posts! I hope you leave feeling excited about life, feeling inspired, and feeling like you are ready to take on the week on a Monday!
What YOU can get out of this post:
Ways to feel refreshed.
10 things to do when feeling overwhelmed.
Monday Motivation Quote:
“Do what you can, where you are, with what you have.” – Teddy Roosevelt
You can do anything you set your mind to. As long as you are willing to work for it!
See outfit details below!
To get started and to be honest, I am not a great writer and I never have been. But, I love to be there for people and to motivate them in any way I can so this is why I am writing this post. This post is real and I know everyone can feel like this at some point of their life! I just want people to know that they are not alone in this busy, crazy, social media world that we live in today. To not be discouraged when you are feeling beat or overwhelmed, to refresh yourself, to stay positive, and to remember your goals in life!
Do you ever feel worn down or overwhelmed? Or, you want to hit the reset button on your brain? Maybe from school, work, or just life! I know this happens to everyone sometimes, including myself. Sometimes we all just need an extra pep to our step, a good break and some self-care or just doing what we need to do to feel refreshed and ready to take on the world again! I am a go-getter and a person that loves to stay busy, so I am having to teach myself to slow down in life a little bit. It is great to stay busy, but enjoy life! Take in every moment of life, it goes by so fast. If you go till you can’t anymore you feel exhausted. This has happened to all of us.
Keep reading for some ways that have helped me when I feel overwhelmed and that I hope helps you when you are feeling this way! This is just a reminder for anyone feeling like this, to pick yourself up, do what you need to do to feel refreshed, and take on the world!
You can do anything you set your mind to. As long as you are willing to work for it.
After graduating college, I feel as things have not slowed down at all. BUT, that is life and I am learning and I feel like I have grown as a person! Everyone can relate to this… as if you feel like you have a never ending list of things to do or things to get done. Or, you feel like there is ALWAYS something to do. Through any season of life, I think it is important to have some time in the quiet. Some time to talk to God, some time to do what YOU like to do (what we call “self-love”), and some time to even just sit in the quiet. <– I believe this is a real thing and some people may never want to just sit in the quiet by themselves, but it does justice I promise I have learned. Our world today can be so loud. Meaning, you can feel judged so easily (by what you do, by who you are, by expressing who you are, by social media, and by SO many ways).
Through all of the noise and in today’s society, I have told myself to stay true to myself, true to who I am and to what I believe in. To make myself have some quiet time to just THINK when feeling overwhelmed. Yes, I did say to just think. Some people hate not having noise, and I definitely guilty of being one of those people sometimes. I love to stay busy and to go. But, I have taught myself that the quiet is good. The quiet gives you time to think about who you are, the person you want to grow in to be, your goals in life and what you want to accomplish, and to remember to stay true to yourself. What the quiet can be best for is to talk to God. I am a strong believer in the fact that God knows exactly what you are thinking. Sometimes, after a long day I just talk to God on my way home in the quiet. No phone, no music, not anything. Its amazing how I feel as if pressure is lifted off of my shoulders after I do this. God always knows what we need and he is always here.
Take some time away from the noise in today’s world. Rather it be a break from social media, a walk or run outside (this is so nice), some quiet time to yourself (rather it be on the way home with no music, or just in your house), or some self-care time.
START your week off to a good start. Think POSITIVE, think HAPPY. Remember to take care of yourself, to talk to God, to give yourself a break when your body is telling you to slow down, to LOVE life, to be KIND to others, and to ENJOY every moment!
I love Teddy Roosevelt’s quote I put at the beginning of this post. “Do what you can, where you are, with what you have.” – Teddy Roosevelt. You can put your mind to anything you want to do as long as you set yourself to do it!
It is so important to take care of your health and to be refreshed especially if you are feeling worn down or overwhelmed. However you may do that, always remember to stay true to yourself and don’t be discouraged! Work for your goals!
10 things to do when you are feeling overwhelmed and need some motivation!
- Talk to God. He knows how you are feeling without you even telling him.
- Have some quiet time.
- Go outside. Exercise.
- Find a book that you actually want to read. (I have been reading some motivational books lately and let me tell you, it is AWESOME.)
- Listen to podcasts. (I have been listening to Alli Worthington’s podcasts in the morning and this lady is GOLD. She interviews people she admires, then she answers questions about “life, faith and business”, as her “About” page says on her website. She also has three books out. They are on my list to read.
- Go to a workout class. Be brave. Be bold. Try that workout class by yourself that you have been wanting to go to!
- Be with the people that make you feel good. Surround yourself with people that lift you up, that straighten you out when you need it. Spend time with loved ones; with your family and your friends.
- Go on a spontaneous vacation. That is of course, if you can! There is nothing else like a last minute trip planned. Rather it be 3 hours away or a flight away. Sometimes these kind of trips will be the best ones you will ever take!
- Write down your goals. Write down what you want to accomplish short term and long term. So you don’t get overwhelmed by your goals, every month take a look at where you are on accomplishing your short term goals. Are your short term goals leading to your long term goal?
- Stay focused, or reset your focus. Life can get crazy, we all know that! Sometimes we can get lost in what we really want to accomplish, what we want to do and who we want to become. Stay on track, stay true to yourself and remember what you are wanting to accomplish. No matter how big your dreams are, go after them! You never know where it will lead you and what God has planned for you! No matter if a door shuts on you, one may open up right around the corner that you never even thought of!
Make this week a great one. Be brave. Be bold. Be refreshed.
If someone doesn’t laugh at your dreams, you aren’t dreaming big enough.
Happy Monday! ♥
These pictures were taken in Palm Springs, California by Dale Benfield.
Outfit: Shop Impressions
This black jumpsuit is no longer in stock, but the one below is the same in red!